Travel to the Middle East with this tabbouleh salad full of flavourful fresh herbs and a zesty orange and lemon dressing! Traditionally served as part of a mezze, this couscous tabbouleh is also delicious alongside barbecued meat or halloumi.
Zesty couscous tabbouleh
200g of couscous
400ml of boiling vegetable stock (or boiling water)
30g of desiccated coconut
2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
1 large bunch of parsley, chopped
½ bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
3 tbsp Streamline thin cut marmalade
Juice of a lemon
Pinch of Salt
- In a large bowl, add dry couscous, boiling hot vegetable stock; cover with a lid and set aside for 12-14 min.
- In a salad bowl, add the finely chopped parsley and mint leaves, diced tomatoes, desiccated coconut.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork after it’s completely cooked and toss into the salad bowl.
- Mix to combine using salad fork and spoon (make sure not to crush the herbs)
- Add salt to taste.
- In a separate small bowl, add 3 tbsp of thin cut marmalade and whisk the marmalade to get a runny texture. It’s best if you can let the whisking break the marmalade pieces. Add lemon juice and mix well to combine.
- Pour the marmalade dressing over the salad when you are just ready to serve!