A mouth-watering strawberry relish, perfect to raise your sandwiches to the next level. Try with grilled halloumi and salad on your favourite sliced bread.
• 6 pickling cucumbers (washed and finely chopped)
• 2 large onions (one for pickling and one for caramelising), finely chopped.
• 125ml of white vinegar
• 125 ml of water
• 150g of Streamline Strawberry jam
• 30g of mustard seeds
• 1 tsp of salt
1. Add the vinegar, salt, jam, and water to a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring until the jam becomes liquid (about 8 min)
3. Add the cucumber, one onion and mustard seeds and cook on low-medium heat for 10-15 min until cucumbers are soft but not mushy.
4. In another pan, add the remaining chopped onion and 5ml of vinegar and sauté until the onions are brown and caramelised.
5. Now mix the caramelised onions with the cucumber relish and serve.