Grab these on the go and pop in to your bag for breakfast on the move. A fruity layer of Streamline Less Sugar Strawberry Jam in the middle makes this healthier option feel like a treat.
Strawberry Jam Sandwich Breakfast Bars
100g unsalted butter
50g light muscovado sugar, unrefined
100g clear honey
100g dried Strawberries
60g mixed seeds
40g chopped nuts
50g plain flour
5tbsp Streamline Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.5
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray or brownie tin with greaseproof paper. Heat the butter, sugar and honey in a pan until all melted together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dried strawberries, seeds, nuts, oats and flour. Stir in the butter mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the baking tray and spread it out evenly, pressing down with the back of a spoon to compact. Spread the jam over the flapjack. Pour the remaining mixture on top and carefully spread into the corners, compacting with a spoon as before.
- Bake for 35mins until golden on top and set aside to cool before cutting into squares or bars. Store in an airtight tin.
|of which Saturates||4g|