Mug cakes are fantastic when you’re craving a fast solo sweet treat or when you absolutely need cakes for guests within minutes. This jam crumble cake is so easy and totally delicious, just as well it literally takes minutes to prepare! Made lighter by reducing the sugar, it is also gluten free.
Jam crumble mug cake
6g coconut sugar (or caster sugar; adjust to your liking, add 6g of sugar if you want it a little sweeter)
½ tsp vanilla extract or almond extract (optional)
65g almond flour
1/3 tsp of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp of Streamline strawberry (or blackcurrant jam)
1 tsp of coconut sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the egg, almond or vanilla extract and sugar; whisk until creamy.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until you get a thick batter.
- Take a microwavable mug, add half the batter using a spoon. Now add the jam and the rest of the batter on the top.
- Sprinkle with some coconut sugar (optional)
- Microwave for 1 min at a time and continue cooking until the mug cake is completely cooked; check if it’s cooked by using a fork to the middle. With a 800w microwave it should take between 2 and 3 min.