Add sunshine to your midweek meal with our golden veggie rice pilaf packed with colour and flavour!
Golden Veggie Packed Fried Rice
1 large onion
100g of green peas
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, crushed
25g of Streamline marmalade
2 large carrots cut into strips
2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
3 cardamom pods, crushed
2 tsp ground turmeric
200g of rice
100g of broccoli florets
Sea salt to taste
400 ml vegetable stock or water
- In a rice cooker add vegetable stock rice and turmeric powder and cook the rice and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan heat on a medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin and onions and sautee until onions are golden brown.
- Add cardamom pods crushed, green peas, carrots, and sautee until carrots are tender. Now add marmalade, soy sauce and broccoli and keep sauteeing until everything is cooked.
- Add cooked rice and mix all together.