These gluten-free pancakes are made with ripe banana for natural sweetness and topped with Less Sugar Blackcurrant jam. Quick and easy to whip up for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Gluten-free banana and blackcurrant pancakes
100g gluten free oat flour
25g almond flour
1 ripe banana (if the skin has black spots that means it’s sweet and will be a perfect for this recipe as it will naturally sweeten the pancakes)
100 ml of semi-skim milk
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 tbsp reduced sugar Streamline blackcurrant jam
2 tbsp almond flakes
Pinch of sea salt
- In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana using the back of a fork and add in the egg, vanilla bean paste and milk; whisk to combine.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and beat for 2 min in low speed until you get a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat up a non-stick pancake pan and scoop the batter using a tablespoon and spread batter with the back of the spoon until it creates a pancake shape. Close the pancake pan with a lid and when the edges bubbles flip them using a spatula.
- Stack up the pancakes and top each pancake with 2 tsp of blackcurrant jam and few almond flakes!