These savoury pancakes topped with orange marmalade salsa are packed full of vibrant flavours. Perfect to spice up a brunch, lunch or dinner pancake fiesta!
Fiesta pancakes with orange marmalade salsa
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PANCAKES
120g buckwheat flour
125g vegan yoghurt
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp fajita seasoning
Pinch of salt
½ tbsp honey
2 bell peppers
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALSA
1 green chili
1 tbsp Streamline less sugar thin or thick cut orange marmalade
1/4 bunch of roughly chopped coriander leaves
½ red onion, chopped
½ lime, juiced
Pinch of salt
- Chop the tomatoes, green chili and red onion for the salsa. In a bowl, combine with roughly chopped coriander and marmalade. Set aside.
- Chop the bell peppers into small pieces and add honey; toss well to coat the bell peppers. In a non-stick skillet, on medium heat, add honey tossed bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 min until the bell peppers are soft and tender.
- In a bowl, add buckwheat flour, yoghurt, baking powder and the seasonings; beat until it creates a smooth pancake batter. Add the bell pepper mixture to the pancake batter and mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick pancake pan and add 2 tbsp of batter at a time to make the desired size pancakes.
- Once the pancakes are ready and just before serving, add the lime juice and salt to the salsa mix.
- Top up the fiesta pancakes with freshly made salsa and enjoy!