Full of rich strawberry and coconut flavour, this dairy-free ice cream is an absolute delight. A lovely treat you’ll enjoy all-year round and not just during the hot summer months!
Coconut Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
2 tins x 400ml full fat coconut milk
3 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Streamline less sugar strawberry jam
- Leave 2 tins of coconut milk upside down in the refrigerator overnight (this way all the cream floats up and easier to scoop it all up!)
- Once you have the thick coconut milk ready to go the next day, turn the cans upside down drain the coconutty milky water (save it) and scoop up the cream from the top of the can and pour the cream to a bowl, add the rest of the coconutty milky water from the can, maple syrup , pinch of salt, Vanilla extract and beat until it creates a beautiful silky texture!
- Taste test. If you’re happy with the taste add in the jam and swirl it around in the mixture. If you need it to be slightly more sweeter add in a bit more maple syrup.
- If you own an ice cream machine, add the mixture to the ice cream machine and let it do the magic. If not, simply pour the mixture to ice-cube trays and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, simply take the ice cubes and blend until it creates a smooth ice-cream.
- Put back the blended ice cream in the freezer for 15 mins and it’s ready!