These blackcurrant oatmeal crumble bars are a fibre-filled option for breakfast on-the-go and also make for a delicious picnic dessert. Either way, you’re in for a fruity, crumbly treat.
Blackcurrant Oatmeal Crumble Bars
INGREDIENTS FOR BARS
50g almond flour
50g oat flour
1 tsp of baking powder
3 drops of almond extract or vanilla extract
1 tbsp or 15g low-fat greek yoghurt
25g rolled oats
110g Streamline less sugar blackcurrant jam
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUMBLE
30g almond flour
4 large dates without seeds
50g Streamline less sugar blackcurrant jam
Pinch of sea salt
- In a bowl, add almond flour, oat flour and baking powder; whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, yoghurt and the almond extract; whisk until it creates a creamy batter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula.
- Finally, add rolled oats and mix with a spatula.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and press in the batter with a spatula.
- Add jam on top and spread evenly.
- Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25 min or until a fork comes out clean. The bake will have a light golden colour.
- Now, for the crumble, blitz dates, salt and almond flour in a high-speed blender until it creates a crumble texture.
- Take the bake out of the oven and add 50g of blackcurrant jam on top and top the bars with crumble clusters of date and almond flour.