Fresh, tangy and just sweet enough, this fruity relish recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
Blackcurrant Burger Relish
• 6 pickling cucumbers washed and finely chopped
• 2 large onions, finely chopped (one for pickling and one for caramelising)
• ½ cup or 125ml of white vinegar
• 125 ml of water
• 150g of Streamline Blackcurrant jam
• 30g of mustard seeds
• 1 tsp of salt
1. Add the vinegar, salt, jam, and water to a saucepan
2. Bring to a boil and keep stirring until the jam becomes liquid (This will take about 8 min)
3. Add finely chopped cucumber, one finely chopped onion, and the mustard seeds and cook on low-medium heat for 10-15 min until cucumbers are soft but not mushy.
4. In another pan, add the remaining finely chopped onion and 5ml of vinegar. Sautee until the onions are brown and caramelised.
5. Now mix the caramelised onions with the cucumber relish and taste test!