Toast and jam. This classic breakfast requires no introduction (and hardly a recipe) but jam is so much more than toast perfect! From jam tarts to sponge cake fillings, doughnuts oozing with blush red strawberry flavour or a comforting bowl of porridge topped with deliciously fruity jam, who could fail to love these traditional favourites? But the best part about Streamline jams and marmalades, is discovering just how versatile they can be. It’s a staple that is lower in sugar but full of flavour and surprises! Here are 10 ways to use Streamline and they are not just for breakfast.
- Make a jam smoothie: blend your favourite jam with milk, fresh fruit, and yoghurt. Or for an immunity boosting smoothie check out our recipe
- Use marmalade as a glaze for ham or chicken
- Liven up a plain cheesecake by adding a fruity swirl on top. Check our cheesecake recipe
- Stir it into yogurt with muesli or granola for satisfying breakfast that is sweetened to your taste
- Swirl in some strawberry jam to a rice pudding for a fruity kick with less sugar
- Simply caramelise onions and garlic with jam and sprinkle over bake brie or camembert
- Mix marmalade or strawberry jam with oil, balsamic vinegar and chilli flakes for a sweet and spicy salad dressing. Check our zesty dressing idea!
- Add a spoonful to tomato soups to bring out the flavour and sweetness of the tomatoes
- Stir orange marmalade to a cream cheese frosting for a reduced sugar cake topping alternative
- Add a generous spoonful of blackcurrant jam to game or red meat pan juices with a little red wine for an instant sauce
So many creative ways to incorporate a fruity delight into your cooking and finish a jar (or two) in no time!
Inspired? Try these ideas, and more of our recipes, and tag us in your creations using @streamlinefoods and hashtagging #notjustforbreakfast